February 28, 2011

Friendship

I am so thankful for my friends, especially, these girls.  We've experienced so much together over the years...dating, marriages, divorces, the joys and heartaches of raising children, caring for aging parents, death, and so much more.  However, what comes to mind the most is how much we have laughed together, and at each other.   These girls have shown up at my door many times, when it felt like the rest of the world was walking out. 

These picutres were made at our annual "February" birthday lunch.  Me and Marolyn share this month, and Carol always does a good job of spoiling us.  The satisfied look on our faces is because we just finished sharing a slice of Key Lime Pie at Houstons.  It was perfection!

 Carol, me, Marolyn and Lucinda
I recently read this quote, "friendship is like a violin; the music may stop now and then, but the strings will last forever."  I feel it is fitting for our friendship.

2 comments:

  1. There's going to be a day in my life when I can come to this party, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh yeah, how about March 26th? I guess your old enough to come now ...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you

Popular Posts